Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mother-in-Law Sues Comic For Defamation And "Racist Lies"

Comedian Sunda Croonquist is being sued by her mother-in-law for making certain jokes and telling "racist lies" during the comic's stand-up routine. Like the following riff by Croonquist as reported by the Huffington Post:

"I'm a black woman with a Jewish mother-in-law, you know the only thing we have in common is that we don't want to get our hair wet. So you know there was drama when we got the sonogram results cause she was real excited. 'OK, now that we know you're having a little girl I want to know what you're naming that little tchotchke. Now I realize there's a difference in the background with the African-American, colored, black, whatever you people call yourselves these days. Seriously, I just don't want a name that's difficult to pronounce like Shaniqua. Because in my mind I'm thinking of a name short but delicious. Like Hadassah or Goldie."

The linked story contains video of Croonquist's recent interview on the Today Show.

No comments: