Sunday, June 21, 2009

Khadijah Williams Is Going To Harvard

Khadijah Williams, age 18. Homeless; attended 12 schools in 12 years; lived out of garbage bags. Marked by teachers as gifted at age 9. From her college application essay: "I have felt the anger at having to catch up in school . . . being bullied because they knew I was poor, different, and read too much. I knew that if I wanted to become a smart, successful scholar, I should talk to other smart people."

Ms. Williams has been admitted to Harvard.

1 comment:

Ritan1 said...

Thank you for your kind words of support to Khadijah and those who have supported her.

Khadijiah is now enrolled at Harvard and has a website that gives more information - http://www.khadijiahwilliams.com

Khadijah also appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show which will air (tentatively) on October 2. Watch for the surprise!