Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mel Gibson And Hate

"Apparently, Mel Gibson is a better actor than anyone knew," Leonard Pitts writes. From the column:

"People tend to have this naive notion about hate. They think it's something you can see at 20 paces, something obvious and over-the-top, like the Nazis Jack Kirby drew for Marvel Comics; you always knew they were evil from their craggy teeth and bad skin.

"But hate looks like a grandmother baking cookies, a teacher standing in front of the class, a preacher opening his Bible. It looks like you or me, like anybody anywhere."

2 comments:

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

I am glad that you posted this. I caught up with this news story and couldn't believe what I was hearing. How a man, blessed in so many ways, can be so full of hate and rage is unknown to me. Is there any group he hasn't attacked yet? I can't imagine the circumstances under which I would ever watch his work again.